Hello From Asian World~~Thailand.

Write a few lines about who you are and where your from here!

Moderators: dienn, PinkDiamond, azvinnie, mehoose, Gemjunkie, mauibuck

Hello From Asian World~~Thailand.

Postby opalasian » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:00 am

Hi.

I am a Thai living in Thailand for over a 2 decades Been in Precious Gemstone Industry over 18 years. Sorry If my English isn't perfect though. I was trying to be a seller recommend by one of my well known friend who is also a seller on OA. :D , But unfortunately I dont think there is a place for me as a seller over here at this time. I will keep on trying to become a seller on this wonderful site. Until Admin accepts me here. :roll:

Alright guys I am a Newbie Not much to say. I have been in Opal Industry for over 5 years, since when Ethiopian Opals were found in 2008. Its a long story of how I got into this business. Its amazing to see this forum running really well. :arrow: I really Hope I can be accepted to your society as a seller here soon, even though It may take some times. I am not sure with the reason why I am rejected, (Maybe because? ) I am not sure. :!: :!:

I will of course share my opal photos here soon, where one day sooner or later i will be accepted as a seller and I will post here for sale on OA. :mrgreen:

This is going to be fun, I believe.

Thank You.

-Musthakeem
opalasian

Re: Hello From Asian World~~Thailand.

Postby PinkDiamond » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:35 pm

Hi Mus, and welcome to the forum. You seem to have applied after they stopped taking new sellers for the year, but you are welcome to come play with us while you wait for them to start again. You'll have to make 10 posts before you have full run of the forum, but can still upload photos, and share your story and how you got into Welos if you like.
PinkDiamond
ISG RG
Member IGS

While creating women, God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the earth.

And then God smiled and made the earth round. :mrgreen:

(\__/)
(='.'=)
("")("")
PinkDiamond
Platinum Member

Postby opalasian » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:10 am

Hi pink diamond. I got into welos when I went to to study in Ethiopia for my higher studies for masters degree. In 2008 where the Ethiopian opal was actually discovered.

It was really new the first day I knew was when there were rumors all over the addis, abba town. Almaki street where used to live In a condominium sharing with my collegue for my higher studies. Where there was rumors about a new type of stone discovered. I couldn't believe that time. I was like "New stone, blah, that must be a lie" where the news started to spread across the whole Addis, abba where they found opal in The different place called "Tshey Mewucha" which is known for old Ethiopain opal mine but in 2008 it was new and we were very surprised my friend and me. In our weekend collage holiday we were really anticipated and went to Tshey Mewucha town. Where there were just 2 miners that time trynna mine mine and mine, for 3 days they couldn't find anything. Because there is a history of a kid who was playing all over with his friends where he occasionally found a small piece of rough which is now known as opal" his parents didn't know the value where they occasionally started showing out the rough to the world. LOL, if that kid and his parents kept the opal secret lol. THERE WOULDN'T BE ANY OPALS FOUND UNTIL NOW. Now lets get back to the story, where me and my fiends went to the Tshey Mewucha town and we visited the town. And we were very happy to see the first rough. It was a great experience seeing the rough glowing in different colors WOW THAT WAS JUST A MAGIC. it was like me experiencing something new. Me and my fiend started saving money and we first spent our 1200 bir (Ethiopian currency) we spent it to buy a rough that time no cutting in Ethiopia so we basically every morning we wake up and see the magic of that beauty it's just soo refreshing for our mind. We studied ad a year later it was known that they found another Place where there are heaps of opals that e mine could last for another 2000 years with Opals now you can know its HEAPSS!! which was known to be the "WOLLO" province. Since the precious opal value decreased in Ethiopia because ere are many all over Ethiopia when Wollo province was discovered with opals being there. And en now the old mine TSHEY MEWUCHA town has decreased with its opals BASICALLY FINISHED. NO MORE OPALS THERE. It's also known that TSHEY MEWUCHA OPALS ARE KNOWN FOR providing great color stability opals more than welo province, as you know (OLD IS ALWAYS GOLD) . But very less. But WOLLO is still providing heaps everyday. Last time in 2012 I visited my friend in Ethiopia who was my collegue. He told me there are over 15,000 miners working on mining in Wollo WOW THAT'S ALOT. When we first went to Tshey Mewucha province there was only 2 workers lol now 15,000 what a change. We fell in love with opal after my collage me and my friend made heaps of money through opals because his parents also got into the opa, business. We did opal business as our part time job when I lived there studying masters, now I am full time opal seller..:) I came back to Thailand basically to my HOME. I started importing roughs from Ethiopia..mesmerized by their beauty. Im 27 years old but been in Ethiopain opal industry since its found on 2008 since I was there when it was discovered. But once collage done i had to leave my country Ethiopia back to Thailand my home. I still miss it. Be beautiful country. Addis, is a great town with not just opals but rubys too. Now they have banned the rough import but still I have loads of opals that I would love to sell here.

I hope you enjoyd my Story on how I got into opals. Sorry if its long...:)

Now I have more than 17kg of cut opals with me I had it cut since the ban of rough export took place.
OpalAsian_:>
opalasian

Postby PinkDiamond » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:53 am

That's a great story Mus, and it's not too long at all. You write very well, and I hope you took pics during your travels that you can show us. I would love to see some of the mines in Ethiopia, and if you've got any tales from your travels, I'm sure we'd all enjoy hearing them, too. Your story is impressive; especially for a 27 year old! :D
PinkDiamond
ISG RG
Member IGS

While creating women, God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the earth.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
("")("")
PinkDiamond
Platinum Member

Postby opalasian » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:33 am

Thanks..:)

I am also in one of the organization in our smal organized community based in chantaburi, Thailand.

As you may know chantaburi in Thailand is known for. Providing 70% of gemstones business.

We have opene a small opalorganization there. Where we discuss Ethiopain opal values and sales in Thailand.

I will soon post pics here.

Thanks pinky..:)
opalasian

Postby opalasian » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:37 am

One of my beautiful stones I will be listing for auctions.

I got very very high quality opals.

I can't wait to become a seller here.

opalasian

Postby opalasian » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:03 am

Last edited by opalasian on Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
opalasian

Postby crazy8s » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:29 pm

Now those are pretty and nice carving too. Love your story, fun to hear. It seems there is always a moritorium on new sellars this time of year, it happened last year also. Hang in there.
Blesses are they who can laugh at themselves. For they shall never cease to be amused.
crazy8s
Platinum Member

Postby opalasian » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:54 pm

Last edited by opalasian on Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
opalasian

Postby opalasian » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:04 pm

Last edited by opalasian on Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
opalasian

Postby PinkDiamond » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:10 pm

opalasian wrote:Image

Oh my! I just love these three!! :!:

opalasian wrote:Currently there are many miners striking over the ban of Ethiopian opals export as it will effect their business.

I just heard the other day that the ban was lifted because of the halt in sales, but I haven't found a trade article that says that yet. :?

opalasian wrote:Image

$10,000 One Fixed Price. You can never find a quality crystal Welo Opal like this in your Life time. Guranteed. :wink:

That one is lovely, and huge, but I have seen its equals, and even bigger, but they are rare, and that one's a beauty. I have to ask why one bulb in the reflections is yellow, while the other two are white?

You take excellent pictures, and you don't enhance them, as evidenced by the color of your fingers being normal. Good job, and kudos!! :D
PinkDiamond
ISG RG
Member IGS

(\__/)
(='.'=)
("")("")
PinkDiamond
Platinum Member

Postby opalasian » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:28 pm

Last edited by opalasian on Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
opalasian

Postby opalasian » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:23 pm

Last edited by opalasian on Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
opalasian

Postby crazy8s » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:38 pm

That was a beautiful opal, someone with a whole lot of money bought that one. I'm sure we would all love to but I for one don't have $9800. for any size opal. :)
Blesses are they who can laugh at themselves. For they shall never cease to be amused.
crazy8s
Platinum Member

Postby opalasian » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:14 pm

Last edited by opalasian on Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
opalasian

Next

Return to Introduce Yourself!